The Montgomery Bar Association
The Montgomery Bar Association, a non-profit organization of nearly 2,100 Montgomery County attorneys, offers its members numerous opportunities for professional development and helps deliver the services of member attorneys to the community. We hope you will take some time to explore our site and discover all we have to offer.
The Montgomery Bar Association offers the following Services to its members and to the Public.
Continuing Legal Education
The Montgomery Bar Association's CLE program offers over fifty accredited ethics and substantive courses annually. In fact, as many of our members will attest, the annual savings on (state required) CLE courses alone often will exceed the cost of MBA membership.
Sections and Committees
More than fifty committees and four sections provide members the opportunity to participate actively in the Association. Each committee and section addresses a specific area of the legal profession. All provide invaluable opportunities for networking, and personal and professional growth.
The Montgomery Bar Association offers a wide variety of publications to its members and the public.
In keeping with our tradition of promoting fellowship among our colleagues, social events are hosted by several sections and committees throughout the year. Highlights of the social calendar include the Annual Membership Dinner, Annual Bench-Bar Conference, The Member Dinner Dance, The Annual Clambake and Family Picnic, sporting events and dozens of other group outings.
Our Association offers an array of services to support the legal practices of our members. These include a comprehensive and competitive group insurance program. Members are eligible to participate in a number of plans, including professional liability, health and major medical insurance, life insurance and disability income protection offered exclusively through the MBA.
Another popular benefit of MBA membership is the opportunity to participate in various Listserv discussions. Each committee and section hosts their own Listserv, which members use to communicate meeting minutes, reminders, even questions about legal matters and practice. Click here to view the MBA's listserv policy.
Members are encouraged to enjoy the Courthouse Cafe at the Bar Building for professional and social meetings. Lunch is typically served between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Law Firms Staff Access at montgomerybar.org
FREE Benefits for Administrators, Paralegals and Law Office Support
- Register your attorneys for CLE’s and other MBA events.
(Note: The (YL) code next to member names indicates Young Lawyer Status. This
will help you select special pricing for Young Lawyer members if
Securely make payments by credit card (VISA,MC, Discover or AX) or by using our new “Bill me later” option.
- Obtain free access to searchable and published Montgomery County Court Opinions since 1995.
- Purchase products for your attorneys and take advantage of their member discounts.
- View and download the weekly Montgomery County Law Reporter, Sheriff Sales Supplement, Tax Sale and Unclaimed Property listings on Friday’s after 4 pm for the following week’s issue.
- Receive important Court Announcements, CLE Notifications and Special Event Reminders
from the MBA.
- Access nearly 200 area supplies via our new, Legal Marketplace Section (many of whom will offer preferred discounts to MBA members and their staff!);
- Access our Online Member Photo Directory and the Lawyer To Lawyer Networking Section and the ability to pay your attorneys’ dues online.
- If you have any questions or if you need assistance please call our support line at
610-279-9660, ext. 230 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or email email@example.com