Women in the Law Promote Clothing and Book Donations
The MBA's Women in the Law Committee recently announced two new initiatives, encouraging members of the area legal community to donate clothes and/or children's books to help out the local community.
The Montgomery County EARN Program has established the Career Wardrobe to help outfit participants who are seeking employment or newly employed. This is a state-sponsored program to benefit Montgomery County residents. The Career Wardrobe is now accepting the following donations:
- Women's Business/Business Casual
- Summer and Fall Attire (Sizes 2-24)
- Men's Business
- Summer Attire (Sizes M-XL)
- Unused body sprays, lotions, powders, deodorants, make-up, toiletries, hair care products, undergarments/hosiery, and dental hygiene products
- Closed-toe professional women's shoes (All Sizes)
For more information or to set-up a drop off/pick up, please contact Jennifer Kirkwood at 610-278-7289 or email her at email@example.com. All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
The Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Government Lawyers Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association are distributing books to the Department of Education's Family Literacy Program to encourage summer reading. They are accepting books appropriate for ages infant through third grade.
If you have any of these books, please drop them off to Carolyn Carluccio, Esq., at One Montgomery Plaza, Suite 800, Norristown, Pennsylvania.