MBA Teams Up With Arcadia University for
Paul C. Troy, Esq., President-Elect of the Montgomery Bar
[from The Arcadia University Bulletin, 5/4/2012 issue]
Arcadia's School of Continuing Studies hosts the one-day Civics and Law Academy developed for high school students, teachers, and educational leaders in cooperation with Arcadia's Education Department, the American Bar Association, the Montgomery Bar Association, and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. The academy is part of the American Bar Association's Commission on Civics Education outreach.
[Judge Marjorie O.] Rendell, former First Lady of Pennsylvania, is on the ABA commission and leads the Law and Civics Academies, coordinating 10 academies such as this one across the United States. Rendell is attending along with other distinguished guests from the legal and justice community, including:
• Risa Vetri Ferman, Montgomery County District Attorney (Ferman joins Rendell in leading the mock Supreme Court session.
• Mary L. Russell, Esq., lawyer, Cheltenham Township School District Board Member
• David Trevaskis, Pennsylvania Bar Pro Bono Coordinator and Adjunct Professor teaching education law at Arcadia University
• Andy Susko, Past President of the Pennsylvania Bar and Chair of the Litigation Department at White and Williams LLP
• Judge James J. Fitzgerald III, a Senior Justice of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania
• Judge John S. Murray III, a Magisterial District Judge in Montgomery County
• Judge Elizabeth McHugh, a Magisterial District Judge in Montgomery County
• Judge Arthur R. Tilson, Court of Common Pleas in Montgomery County
• Judge Garret D. Page, Court of Common Pleas in Montgomery County and a member of the Arcadia University Board of Trustees