WEB SITE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
Please read this agreement carefully before using the website. By accessing the website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not access or use the website
The Montgomery Bar Association presents the information on this website as a service to our members and to the public. While the information on this site is about legal issues and informational services, it is not legal advice. People seeking specific legal advice or assistance should contact a lawyer either through the MBA's Lawyer Referral Service or from another source. Moreover, due to the rapidly changing nature of the law and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, we make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or other sites to which we link. Any unauthorized downloading and distribution of any copyrighted material from this site or sites to which we link, without copyright owner's permission, is strictly prohibited.
NO SERVICE WARRANTIES
This web site and the information, software and other material available
on or accessible from this website is provided on an "as is" and
"as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express
or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, noninfringement
or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The Montgomery Bar Association does not warrant that the website service
will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or
other material available on or accessible through the website is free of
viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful components.
Under no circumstances shall The Montgomery Bar Association be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the website, your reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the website, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
Restrictions on Use of Materials
This web site is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. You may print copies of or download the information on this web site for your personal, noncommercial use, but you may not, without the express prior written consent of the Montgomery Bar Association,
- Copy, distribute, or download any information on this web site for any other purpose,
- Modify any information on this web site for any reason,
- Include any part of this web site in another work, or
- Frame content on Montgomery Bar Association web site, or
- Link to content on the Montgomery Bar Association web site
The Montgomery Bar Association reserves all rights not specifically granted herein.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold The Montgomery Bar Association harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney' fees, related to any violation of these terms and conditions by you.
The Montgomery Bar Association has established and will continue to establish various sites on the internet utilizing social media and other electronic forms of interaction (“sites”), such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This policy is designed to govern the use of such sites by members and users of such sites. If you use our sites, you are expressly agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
1. You are encouraged to use all of our social media outlets, subject to the terms of this Policy. The Montgomery Bar Association assumes no responsibility for any postings or content. We also do not vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message posted. Any opinions stated are those of the individual user and not the Montgomery Bar Association.
2. Once you post something on one of our sites, you no longer own it. We may store that information; we may republish that information; we may even remove the information if in our sole discretion we believe it to be objectionable.
3. We will not permit the posting of any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, defamatory, knowingly false, inaccurate, hateful, threatening, or harassing material as we determine in our sole discretion. Nor will we tolerate content that is invasive of a person’s privacy, sexually-oriented or content which may violate any applicable laws. Any advertisements or solicitations of business are likewise prohibited. You are permitted to post links to other sites, but you may not post any material which you either do not own or do not have the express consent of the owner to use. In the event of any dispute over content, we will reveal your identity and the IP address from which your content was posted.
4. We own the content of these sites. You may not use the content on our sites commercially without our express permission. We retain any rights as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have rights therein. All individual articles, videos, content and other elements comprising this site or posted by us on such sites are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have rights therein.
5. If you violate any provision of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately and permanently ban you from participating in our sites, as well as notifying your service provider and any other entities involved.
6. You are solely liable and responsible for the content of your messages. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Montgomery Bar Association and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of this Agreement. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
7. The use of the Montgomery Bar Association sites does not create an attorney-client relationship. Members should refrain from discussing any personal matters or matters pertaining to clients or matters which they are handling. Client information disclosed on these sites may also lose its privileged nature and could constitute an unauthorized disclosure of confidential client information.
8. We may change the terms of this Policy at any time; and we may take down any site at any time without any notice to members or users. Our sites are hosted on servers in
United States and is intended to be viewed by residents of the United States. Any disputes arising out of or relating to our sites will be litigated in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County.