Founded in 1977, ACLAMO has been an important "connector" in Montgomery County's human services network for 40 years. Over the years ACLAMO has received and successfully implemented grants from many private donors, including foundations, corporate, sectarian and civic organizations.
Today, ACLAMO is still the only full-service agency and a safe heaven for Spanish speakers in Montgomery County. Its leadership has invested years developing ways to facilitate access to health and educational services for English language learners from early childhood to adulthood. ACLAMO has a special focus on comprehensive support to families with young and school age children. Important services and programs offered by ACLAMO include:
- Information and Referral Services/Case Management/Benefits Acquisition Assistance
- Immigration and Referrals
- Family Literacy/Adult Education: ESL/Workforce ESL/Civics and Citizenship
- STEAM After School Program and Summer Bridge Program
- ADELANTE Program (Middle and High School)
- Health and Wellness Connections and Education
- Community Health Workers Program
Our vision is for every family, every child and every adult to reach their full potential, independence and happiness.